Articles tagged "USMC"
Jack Lummus: the NFL's hero of Iwo Jima
Our annual Memorial Day salute to the NFL's war dead returns today with a back-by-popular-demand profile of Marine Corps first lieutenant Jack Lummus, a two-way end for the Giants who later earned the Medal of Honor on Iwo Jima ... at the cost of his life.
Battlefield heroes: Jack Chevigny
The fictional Forrest Gump played football for Bear Bryant. Jack Chevigny was the real deal, minus the dim wit: He scored for Notre Dame in Knute Rockne's "win one for the Gipper" game, coached pro and college football, and was then killed in the invasion of Iwo Jima. His brushes with destiny did not end there.
- Drew Brees: Call Him Mr. Primetime
- Kyle Orton Brings The Bubby Back
- Rookie Wide Receivers Making Huge Impact In 2014
- Matt Forte On Pace For Most Receptions By A Running Back In NFL History
- The NFL London Series: Games That Aren't That Great
- Matt Ryan Interception: Worst Of The Season?
- VIDEO: Geno Smith's Three Interceptions In Six Seconds
- VIDEO: JJ Watt Mocks Zach Mettenberger W Sack & Selfie
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team