Articles tagged "USMC"
Jack Lummus: the NFL's hero of Iwo Jima
Our annual Memorial Day salute to the NFL's war dead returns today with a back-by-popular-demand profile of Marine Corps first lieutenant Jack Lummus, a two-way end for the Giants who later earned the Medal of Honor on Iwo Jima ... at the cost of his life.
Battlefield heroes: Jack Chevigny
The fictional Forrest Gump played football for Bear Bryant. Jack Chevigny was the real deal, minus the dim wit: He scored for Notre Dame in Knute Rockne's "win one for the Gipper" game, coached pro and college football, and was then killed in the invasion of Iwo Jima. His brushes with destiny did not end there.
- The Best Johnny Manziel Photo You'll See From Week 16
- Denver Broncos At Cinncinnati Bengals Game Capsule
- NFL 30-Touchdown Club Bigger Than Ever In 2014
- 2014 Stories: J.J. Watt, Antonio Brown & Matt Forte
- Bengals-Steelers Set For Week 17 Finale On Sunday Night Football
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team