Week 13 broadcast maps: CBS insults the 11-0 Colts
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Dec 03, 2009
Our weekly look at which markets are getting what games from the networks, courtesy of the gang at the506.com. The broadcast maps provide some interesting insight into which games the networks believe provide the most national interest and value.
A rough slate for CBS is highlighted on the field by an intriguing Titans-Colts clash, but the schedule is highlighted in the eyes of the network by the Patriots-Dolphins battle in Miami.
The network sends its No. 1 crew of Nantz-Simms to cover the AFC East battle that's being shown in the big Northeastern and South Florida markets.
The small-market AFC South game, meanwhile, draws the bottom-tier crew of Eagle-Gannon. It's really an insult to the undefeated Colts. Like, what, Curt Gowdy wasn't available?
After a few weeks of compelling match-ups, Week 13 clearly falls back into the pattern we saw earlier in the season: either blowouts-in-waiting or match-ups of second rate teams.
Philadelphia-Atlanta is the only game on the slate with playoff implications for both teams and it gains the network's No. 2 crew of Albert-Johnson-Sausage Boy. New Orleans-Washington, meanwhile, boasts the widest distribution of any game in the early slate this week.
We don't even have to look: Buck-Aikman follow America's Team wherever they play, especially when its in the nation's biggest media market. And the Cowboys, as is the case almost every week, will be seen across a wider expanse of the nation than any other team.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos