Week 13 broadcast maps: CBS insults the 11-0 Colts
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Dec 03, 2009
Our weekly look at which markets are getting what games from the networks, courtesy of the gang at the506.com. The broadcast maps provide some interesting insight into which games the networks believe provide the most national interest and value.
A rough slate for CBS is highlighted on the field by an intriguing Titans-Colts clash, but the schedule is highlighted in the eyes of the network by the Patriots-Dolphins battle in Miami.
The network sends its No. 1 crew of Nantz-Simms to cover the AFC East battle that's being shown in the big Northeastern and South Florida markets.
The small-market AFC South game, meanwhile, draws the bottom-tier crew of Eagle-Gannon. It's really an insult to the undefeated Colts. Like, what, Curt Gowdy wasn't available?
After a few weeks of compelling match-ups, Week 13 clearly falls back into the pattern we saw earlier in the season: either blowouts-in-waiting or match-ups of second rate teams.
Philadelphia-Atlanta is the only game on the slate with playoff implications for both teams and it gains the network's No. 2 crew of Albert-Johnson-Sausage Boy. New Orleans-Washington, meanwhile, boasts the widest distribution of any game in the early slate this week.
We don't even have to look: Buck-Aikman follow America's Team wherever they play, especially when its in the nation's biggest media market. And the Cowboys, as is the case almost every week, will be seen across a wider expanse of the nation than any other team.
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- A Legacy Examined: Mike Shanahan, Mastermind
- NFL Games Averaging More Total Yards Than Ever
- Saints Top NFL With 6 Quality Wins; 5 Losers With 0 Quality Wins
- Seahawks, Panthers Remain Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings Despite Losses
- Drew Brees: Fastest Player To 50,000 In History
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- San Francisco 19, Seattle 17: 49ers Serve Notice
- Wintry Images: Cinematic Snow Blankets NFL Week 14 Schedule
- Cold Hard Autopsy: Gary Kubiak And The Houston Texans
Must See Videos