Week 12 broadcast maps
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Nov 20, 2008
These nifty NFL broadcast maps are provided each week courtesy of the fine folks at the506.com. The maps offer some cool collages highlighting what Pigskin America is watching each Sunday.
The maps also provide some insight into the NFL, the hot teams, the psyche of fans and the goals of the big pro football broadcasters.
It seems it takes a game against Brett Favre and against a team from the nation's biggest media for the unbeaten small-market Titans to get a little broadcast love. The Jets-Titans battle is easily the most compelling AFC game of Week 12. It gets the network's No. 1 crew of Nantz-Simms and draws widespread coverage east of the Mississippi and in pockets of the west, too.
The natural order of the universe returns – kind of. The network's top tandem of Buck-Aikman is back in Dallas, its usual roost eachh Sunday. Except this time it's to call a 1 p.m. (ET) game against a West Coast team. It's a rare time slot for both the Cowboys and the 49ers. But Fox could show America's Team at 3:30 a.m. and it will still generate widespread distribution. The rest of the uninspiring late slate draws only regional coverage.
Two of the most compelling teams of 2008, the Giants and Cardinals, square off in the desert in a game that will be seen in more corners of the country than any other non-primetime game this week. It may be a preview of a big playoff showdown in the Meadowlands in January.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos