Cold, Hard Football Facts for Aug 16, 2007
Sunset Grill & Tap in Boston is one of the world's most famous beer bars, with some 400 bottles and drafts to choose from. It's also where the Chief Troll learned about beer in college, when he should have been studying something useful ... like finance or business, instead of history and philosophy of beer.
But, then, you wouldn't find yourself with this recipe for Tequila Wings today. The folks who own Sunset Grill own another, less acclaimed place in Boston called Sunset Cantina. While Sunset Grill offers hundreds of beers, Sunset Cantina offers hundreds of tequilas.
Tequila makes its way into plenty of their cocktails, of course. But it also makes its way into some creative dishes from the kitchen. Here's a special for Tequila Wings that Sunset made especially for us last time we showed up there. They were cool enough to share it with us ... and now with you.
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of one lime
- Juice of one lime
- 2 ounces ranch dressing
- 2 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon pureed garlic (or substitute with very finely chopped)
- 4 ounces chopped scallion
- 4 ounces chopped tomato
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of cumin
- Green Tabasco (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
Deep fry wings at 350 to 375 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes; or bake for 20 minutes at 375 to 400 degrees. While wings are cooking, pour oil, lime zest, lime juice and ranch dressing into a blender and whip until emulsified. Set aside. When wings are done cooking, toss them in large sauté pan over high heat with a little splash of olive oil. Add tequila, chicken stock, garlic, scallion, tomato and spices. Continue to sauté, and toss wings to blend all ingredients. Add lime-ranch emulsion. Reduced heat and continue to sauté and toss wings until liquid thickens, about 4 minutes. Add Green Tabasco for additional color. Pour wings onto plate and garnish with cilantro if desired. Serves 2 to 4.
From our partners
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team