Prosperous King of Props Plays St. Nick
Although Chargers wideout Keenan Allen caught a pair of first-half touchdown passes for the second week in a row, he failed to get enough receptions to bring home our Thursday night prop.
That loss puts our record for the season at 39-20-1 (.661), and we look to return to our winning ways with these two Sunday plays:
Over 255½ passing yards for Eagles quarterback Nick Foles
When he’s been the starter, Foles has demonstrated a great command of Chip Kelly’s offense. He passed for 406 yards and a record-tying seven touchdowns in a victory over the Raiders, and fell just short of 300 yards in wins against the Buccaneers and Redskins. Since a snowstorm limited him to 179 yards last week, this total is lower than it should be.
Foles will benefit from the pristine conditions of the Metrodome today, and he faces a Vikings pass defense that allows the third-most passing yards per game. They will also be without rookie cornerback Xavier Rhodes, who had been the lone bright spot in the secondary before suffering an ankle injury a week ago. With the Eagles fighting to win the division, Foles should keep throwing long enough to ensure victory.
Over 32½ rushing yards for 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick
This number was seven yards higher when we bet it in Week 8, and Kaepernick delivered with 54 yards against the Jaguars. His rushing totals have been more modest in the games since, but he is always a threat to break a long run. Last week, Kaepernick carried the ball nine times for 31 yards against the Seahawks, scrambling for positive gains when necessary.
All season long, the Buccaneers have had a propensity for allowing yardage to mobile quarterbacks. The Panthers’ Cam Newton ran for totals of 50 and 68, while the Jets’ Geno Smith and the Seahawks’ Russell Wilson also exceeded this total. Kaepernick figures to enjoy similar success on the ground.
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team