NFL Wild Card Snapshots: The Path to Jersey Commences
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
Twelve teams between the records of 13-3 and 9-7 begin their quest for Lombardi's Holy Grail this weekend. Everything needed to earn those winning records are now ultimately moot, because it's a new season. Last year's Broncos can tell you how meaningless it is to go 13-3, and end up one-and-done after a home playoff game-gone-wrong to eventual champion Baltimore (10-6).
Anything is possible in the NFL playoffs; just get there, and you can achieve your dreams. For eight teams, that opportunity begins in the late afternoon Saturday.
While the playoffs are basically a crap shoot, putting the teams' statistical backgrounds into perspective is too tempting. While no game is guaranteed, I hold the following truths (and allusions) to be self-evident. Enjoy.
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team