NFL Wild Card Snapshots: The Path to Jersey Commences
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
Twelve teams between the records of 13-3 and 9-7 begin their quest for Lombardi's Holy Grail this weekend. Everything needed to earn those winning records are now ultimately moot, because it's a new season. Last year's Broncos can tell you how meaningless it is to go 13-3, and end up one-and-done after a home playoff game-gone-wrong to eventual champion Baltimore (10-6).
Anything is possible in the NFL playoffs; just get there, and you can achieve your dreams. For eight teams, that opportunity begins in the late afternoon Saturday.
While the playoffs are basically a crap shoot, putting the teams' statistical backgrounds into perspective is too tempting. While no game is guaranteed, I hold the following truths (and allusions) to be self-evident. Enjoy.
- Saints At Panthers Quality Stats Breakdown
- Rookie Wide Receivers Making Huge Impact In 2014
- The NFL London Series: Games That Aren't That Great
- Matt Forte On Pace For Most Receptions By A Running Back In NFL History
- Matt Ryan Interception: Worst Of The Season?
- VIDEO: Geno Smith's Three Interceptions In Six Seconds
- VIDEO: JJ Watt Mocks Zach Mettenberger W Sack & Selfie
- Peyton Manning Rips Denver Scoreboard Operator
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team