NFL Wild Card Snapshots: The Path to Jersey Commences
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
Twelve teams between the records of 13-3 and 9-7 begin their quest for Lombardi's Holy Grail this weekend. Everything needed to earn those winning records are now ultimately moot, because it's a new season. Last year's Broncos can tell you how meaningless it is to go 13-3, and end up one-and-done after a home playoff game-gone-wrong to eventual champion Baltimore (10-6).
Anything is possible in the NFL playoffs; just get there, and you can achieve your dreams. For eight teams, that opportunity begins in the late afternoon Saturday.
While the playoffs are basically a crap shoot, putting the teams' statistical backgrounds into perspective is too tempting. While no game is guaranteed, I hold the following truths (and allusions) to be self-evident. Enjoy.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review