NFL Divisional Playoff Tailgate Action: Seahawks vs. Falcons
The NFL Divisional Playoffs are always one of the most exciting weekends in all of sports. The two games on Saturday certainly lived up to the high expectations NFL Fans have for postseason action. The Ravens pulled off a thrilling 38-35 Double-Overtime upset over the Broncos. The 49ers, led by QB Colin Kaepernick, dominated the Packers Defense with a franchise record of 579 total yards of Offense during their 45-31 win.
But the first match-up on Sunday between the Falcons and Seahawks out-shined both of the games from the day before. Atlanta jumped out to a 20-0 lead in the 1st Half but Seattle clawed their way back into the game. With 30 seconds left in the 4th Quarter, the Seahawks took their first lead thanks to a Marshawn Lynch touchdown run. But Matt Ryan and company refused to lose yet another playoff game. Ryan connected with Tony Gonzalez and Harry Douglas on two quick passes and put his kicker, Matt Bryant, in Field Goal range. Bryant nailed the 49-yard Field Goal with eight seconds left in the game. The Falcons would go on to win 30-28 and advance to the NFC Championship game where they will host the San Francisco 49ers.
As you see in the pre-game video, both Seahawks and Falcons fans were fired up for this game. The playoffs tend to bring out a new level of energy from the crowd and that was on full display in the parking lot hours before kickoff. Unbeknownst to them, they were all about to witness one of the best games and fantastic football finishes in recent memory.
- Drew Brees: Call Him Mr. Primetime
- Kyle Orton Brings The Bubby Back
- Rookie Wide Receivers Making Huge Impact In 2014
- Matt Forte On Pace For Most Receptions By A Running Back In NFL History
- The NFL London Series: Games That Aren't That Great
- Matt Ryan Interception: Worst Of The Season?
- VIDEO: Geno Smith's Three Interceptions In Six Seconds
- VIDEO: JJ Watt Mocks Zach Mettenberger W Sack & Selfie
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team