A musical tribute to the Big 10
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 13, 2008
As we noted back on Monday, in our tribute to New England fans following the loss of their QB-ing binkie, we relate many things in our lives to our childhood songs of the 1970s.
So it is that we pay tribute today to the once-proud Big 10 with this little Linda Rondstadt ditty from the mid-1970s.
In case you haven't heard, the Big 10 is officially a laughingstock this morning. Not only has its top team, Ohio State, been humiliated in each of the past two national title games, they were humiliated again on national TV last night, losing 35-3 to USC. In Ohio State's last three games against Top 5 teams, they've been outscored 114-41. Ouch.
And this is the best the Big 10 can put on the field these days. Their arch-rival Michigan, meanwhile, was shocked, 35-17, yesterday by a Notre Dame team that barely beat San Diego State a week earlier.
The Big 10's wins yesterday came over the following powers: Illinois beat Louisiana-Lafayette, 20-17; Michigan State beat Florida Atlantic, 17-0; Iowa beat Iowa State, 17-5; Minnesota beat Montana State, 35-23; Northwestern beat Southern Illinois, 33-7; Wisconsin beat Fresno State, 13-10 and, in the one decent game by a Big 10 team all day, Penn State beat Syracuse, 55-13.
So, after a week in which you're officially pathetic, this song is for you, Big 10:
show video here
From our partners
- Peyton Manning More Prolific Than Previously Thought
- Texans Roll Into Pittsburgh And Roll Over For Steelers
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL Week 7 w the Adam Jones Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub
- NFL Quarterbacks On Pace For Highest Yards Per Attempt Avg In History
- San Diego @ Denver: TNF Preview
- Broncos D Shines On Manning's Night
- Rams QB Austin Davis Is Saving A Fan Base From Apathy
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Weakness for One-Loss Teams
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team