A musical tribute to the Big 10
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 13, 2008
As we noted back on Monday, in our tribute to New England fans following the loss of their QB-ing binkie, we relate many things in our lives to our childhood songs of the 1970s.
So it is that we pay tribute today to the once-proud Big 10 with this little Linda Rondstadt ditty from the mid-1970s.
In case you haven't heard, the Big 10 is officially a laughingstock this morning. Not only has its top team, Ohio State, been humiliated in each of the past two national title games, they were humiliated again on national TV last night, losing 35-3 to USC. In Ohio State's last three games against Top 5 teams, they've been outscored 114-41. Ouch.
And this is the best the Big 10 can put on the field these days. Their arch-rival Michigan, meanwhile, was shocked, 35-17, yesterday by a Notre Dame team that barely beat San Diego State a week earlier.
The Big 10's wins yesterday came over the following powers: Illinois beat Louisiana-Lafayette, 20-17; Michigan State beat Florida Atlantic, 17-0; Iowa beat Iowa State, 17-5; Minnesota beat Montana State, 35-23; Northwestern beat Southern Illinois, 33-7; Wisconsin beat Fresno State, 13-10 and, in the one decent game by a Big 10 team all day, Penn State beat Syracuse, 55-13.
So, after a week in which you're officially pathetic, this song is for you, Big 10:
show video here
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Aaron Hernandez Quizzed In Death Probe: Tough Week To Be Patriots Tight End
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Real Quarterback Rating Differential: A New Mother Of All Stats?
Must See Videos