Lions Sweep Season Series W/ Bears; Take Over First In NFC North
Detroit (-2.5) at Chicago
CHFF Pick: Chicago 28, Detroit 27
Final Score: Detroit 21, Chicago 19
CHFF Result: straight up loss, ATS win
Entering Week 10, the Quality Stats told us these two teams were pretty evenly matched. Detroit graded out a little higher than Chicago in key categories of Passer Rating Differential and Real QB Rating Differential.
Those stats played out in Chicago, as Matt Stafford out-performed a clearly injured and immobile Jay Cutler. Stafford finished with a Passer Rating of 87.7 compared to Cutler’s 69.8.
Bears fans and outsiders are placing the blame for this loss squarely on head coach Marc Trestman, for starting Cutler instead of the rejuvenated Josh McCown. McCown led the Bears on their final drive of the game which ended with a touchdown and failed two-point conversion.
Brandon Marshall - 7/139/2 TDs out-dueled Calvin Johnson 6/89/2 TDs but Johnson and the Lions moved to 6-3 with sole possession of first place in the NFC North.
The biggest difference offensively was the rushing attack of the Lions. The combination of Reggie Bush and Joique Bell churned out 146 yards on 24 carries. Bears running back Matt Forte finished with 33 yards on 17 carries.
Of course, if Trestman starts McCown in this contest, the outcome could have been different. But as Jim Mora once wisely said, “the good teams don’t say coulda, woulda, shoulda.”
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Week 12 Quality Stats Breakdown: Vikings-Falcons
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls