King of Props Caps Stellar Season With 4-2 Super Bowl
We went 4-2 on our six Super Bowl props, finishing the season with a record of 56-29-1 (.659).
Here’s a rundown of how we fared in the title game:
Over 40½ receiving yards for Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin [LOSS]
We said “he’s as dangerous in space as any player,” and Harvin proved that on two long runs and an electrifying 87-yard return of the second-half kickoff. Unfortunately, he was targeted just twice as a receiver, never approaching this number.
Over 5½ receptions for Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker [WIN]
This was in easy winner in the third quarter. Welker finished with eight receptions and has now posted at least six catches in 11 of 12 career playoff games.
Under 19½ yards for the longest rush by Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch [WIN]
Other than his first carry of the second half, which went for 18 yards, Lynch was really held in check. He averaged just a yard and a half on his other 14 totes.
Over 12½ incompletions for Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning [WIN]
Playing from behind for 59 of the 60 minutes, Manning attempted 49 passes. He threw his 13th incompletion early in the fourth quarter and finished with 15.
Seahawks tight end Zach Miller (-7½ receiving yards) over Broncos tight end Jacob Tamme [LOSS]
On Russell Wilson’s first pass attempt, he overthrew a wide-open Miller on what would have been a big gainer. That misfire ended up being the difference, as Miller’s lone reception went for 10 yards, while Tamme tallied nine yards on two catches.
Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno (-9½ receiving yards) over Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch [WIN]
Moreno had three catches for 20 yards before sitting out most of the second half with an injury. He was never threatened by Lynch, who was held without a reception for the second time in three playoff games.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team