Johnny Preseason: Manziel To Start Next Preseason Game?
Johnny Manziel made people orgasmic and excited for preseason football Saturday. That fact alone should tell you all you need to know if you were skeptical at the Browns selection of him in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
For Manziel, it's only step one. Via the Washington Post:
Johnny Football, according to ESPN, has moved ahead of Brian Hoyer as the two battle to be the Cleveland Browns’ starting quarterback. Manziel, who completed 7 of 11 passes for 63 yards with the second-team offense in Cleveland’s 13-12 loss to Detroit on Saturday night, also gained 27 yards on six carries. Especially impressive was a 16-yard scramble that ended with a slide — vintage Manziel. An unnamed Browns source told Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com that Manziel has the momentum and that, if he plays well Monday, coaches will consider whether to start him Sept. 7 against Pittsburgh.
Regardless of the Browns decision, Steelers Hall of Fame defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau is planning for Manziel in Week 1.
That says more than any coach-speak from the Browns.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team