Johnny Preseason: Manziel To Start Next Preseason Game?
Johnny Manziel made people orgasmic and excited for preseason football Saturday. That fact alone should tell you all you need to know if you were skeptical at the Browns selection of him in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
For Manziel, it's only step one. Via the Washington Post:
Johnny Football, according to ESPN, has moved ahead of Brian Hoyer as the two battle to be the Cleveland Browns’ starting quarterback. Manziel, who completed 7 of 11 passes for 63 yards with the second-team offense in Cleveland’s 13-12 loss to Detroit on Saturday night, also gained 27 yards on six carries. Especially impressive was a 16-yard scramble that ended with a slide — vintage Manziel. An unnamed Browns source told Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com that Manziel has the momentum and that, if he plays well Monday, coaches will consider whether to start him Sept. 7 against Pittsburgh.
Regardless of the Browns decision, Steelers Hall of Fame defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau is planning for Manziel in Week 1.
That says more than any coach-speak from the Browns.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team