Johnny Preseason: Manziel To Start Next Preseason Game?
Johnny Manziel made people orgasmic and excited for preseason football Saturday. That fact alone should tell you all you need to know if you were skeptical at the Browns selection of him in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
For Manziel, it's only step one. Via the Washington Post:
Johnny Football, according to ESPN, has moved ahead of Brian Hoyer as the two battle to be the Cleveland Browns’ starting quarterback. Manziel, who completed 7 of 11 passes for 63 yards with the second-team offense in Cleveland’s 13-12 loss to Detroit on Saturday night, also gained 27 yards on six carries. Especially impressive was a 16-yard scramble that ended with a slide — vintage Manziel. An unnamed Browns source told Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com that Manziel has the momentum and that, if he plays well Monday, coaches will consider whether to start him Sept. 7 against Pittsburgh.
Regardless of the Browns decision, Steelers Hall of Fame defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau is planning for Manziel in Week 1.
That says more than any coach-speak from the Browns.
- CHFF Flashback: Colin Kaepernick Has Worst QB Performance of 2013
- Patriots Turn It Around With Win Over Minnesota
- Andy Dalton Passes Aaron Rodgers In Record Books
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Cardinals And Chargers: Charting Their Courses After Week 1
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig
- Groundhog Day: Seattle Dominates Green Bay