Guacamole is one of the easiest to make and most satisfying tailgate dips available. You can whip together a batch in a matter of minutes.
1 Tablespoon chopped onion
1 Tablespoon chopped jalapeno (most people remove the seeds, but you can keep them in there - the seeds usually hold a lot of heat. Or, for a real spicy dip, use a pinch of habanero pepper, seeded and cut into very tiny pieces)
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 ripe avocados
1/2 cup peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes (if you can't be bothered, you can use a tomato without peeling or seeding it first)
1 teaspoon lime juice
In a molcajete (a Mexican mortar and pestle made from lava rock), mortal and pestle and food processor, work the onions, jalapenos, cilantro and salt until coarse. Halve and pit the avocados. Scoop the flesh into the onion mixture (simply slide a spoon or rubber spatula between the flesh and skin and the flesh will come out easily). Pulse gently in the food processor or, with a spoon, gently mix the avocado with the onion mixture (it's best to use a wooden spoon as a metal spoon can oxidize the avocado). Add the tomatoes and lime juice and mix by hand. Serve with corn chips or soft heated corn tortillas.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012