Friday Beer Run: title-game edition
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jan 17, 2008
The Cold, Hard Football Facts fell into the same pattern as most of the "pundits" with a 2-2 mark last week against the spread and straight-up.
But we arrived there differently than most.
Sure, we were wrong on Giants-Cowboys. Like most, we picked Dallas to cover easily at home. They didn't. In fact, to the surprise of everyone, the Cowboys' promising season ended with a one-and-done playoff visit. We also expected the mighty Patriots to cover at home. They won pretty handily, by 11, but didn't cover the large 13-point spread.
However, we accurately picked San Diego to cover. But we couldn't bring ourselves to call for a straight-up win by the road 'dog.
But San Diego's outright victory should teach us not to doubt the power of our own Quality Stats. The Chargers had the clear advantage over Indy in our Quality Stats this year. We expected a tighter battle than most and called for a narrow 3-point Colts win. But we just couldn't see a way in which the defending champs would collapse at home against a playoff underdog - again. But the Colts disappointed once again.
We're 5-3 here against the spread in the 2007 playoffs. Our own beloved Bonzo the Idiot Monkey, meanwhile, is a simian-like 3-5. Stupid monkey.
So, without further adon't, here's a our look at the conference title games. Crack open a cold Harpoon I.P.A. (assuming it's at least 9 a.m. where you are), and enjoy.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Aaron Hernandez Quizzed In Death Probe: Tough Week To Be Patriots Tight End
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Real Quarterback Rating Differential: A New Mother Of All Stats?
Must See Videos