Drew Brees Dominates Real QB Rating as Saints Roll, 31-7
Arizona at New Orleans (-7.5)
CHFF Pick: Saints 27, Cardinals 23
Final Score: Saints 31, Cardinals 7
CHFF Result: straight up win; ATS loss
Game in Review: Although it appeared as though the Arizona Cardinals would hang with the New Orleans Saints early, Drew Brees and Co. pulled away from Carson Palmer and the Cardinals in the second half to move to 3-0 on the season.
This game was won by Brees doing it all in key spots of the game and dominating the Real Quarterback Rating battle. He completed 29 of 46 (63.0%) for 342 yards, 7.4 YPA, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception. He also carried six times for 21 yards (3.5 YPC) and a touchdown—his 95.83 Real QB Rating was more than enough to destroy a Cardinals defense that ranked No. 28 in Defensive Real QBR coming into the game (96.70).
Palmer threw interceptions on back-to-back drives late in the game. The game was already in hand, so all that did was annoy fans and fantasy owners even more. He completed 18 of 35 (51.4%) for 187 yards, 5.3 YPA, 0 TD and 2 INT and was sacked four times. His 36.38 Real QB Rating doomed his team, as he was wild at times in the hostile Superdome.
Though both defenses showed up early, only one stayed constant throughout. It was clear who the better team and the better front seven was Sunday despite both offensive lines surrendering four sacks. New Orleans’ defensive line was in Palmer’s face all day and, as a result, he could not get comfortable in the pocket.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team