CHFF TV Week 4: shiny new Real QB Rating kicks ass
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 30, 2011
Kerry J. Byrne and host Gary Tanguay look at our killer new indicator, Real Quarterback Rating.
We’ve played just three weeks of football, but already the stats that matter most in the NFL are taking shape. CHFF TV host Gary Tanguay and Potentate of Pigskin Kerry J. Byrne discuss the Correlation to Victory of many of our indicators this week. The list is highlighted by our incredible new indicator, Real Quarterback Rating.
We know which stats matter most, because at CHFF Insider we track the Correlation to Victory (and the Predictive Rate of Victory) of all our Quality Stats and many other commonly used indicators. So far, no stat is better than our brand-new Real Quarterback Rating, which tracks all aspects of a quarterback’s performance, passing, running, interceptions, sacks, fumbles and more.
Check out the Correlation to Victory of all these indicators. It's pretty enlightening about what matters most in football.
- Teams that run the ball better (higher average per attempt) are 25-23 (.521) through Week 3
- Teams that pass for more yards are 26-22 (.542)
- Teams that rush for more yards are 28-20 (.583)
- Teams that pass the ball better (higher average per attempt) are 33-15 (.688)
- Teams with a higher passer rating are 34-14 (.708)
- Teams that win the CHFF efficiency battle (Scoreability-Bendability) are 40-8 (.833)
- Teams with a better CHFF Real Quarterback Rating are 43-5 (.896)
All these stats and information, along with many other features, are available to CHFF Insiders. It's easily the best statisitcal deal in town ... no matter what town you call home.
Read more: CHFF TV, Cold, Cold Hard Football Facts TV, Gary Tanguay, Hard Football Facts, Kerry Byrne, Kerry J. Byrne, NFL
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review
Must See Videos