CHFF TV Week 3: A Look At Real Quarterback Rating
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 21, 2011
We talk our newest stat, Real Quarterback Rating, on CHFF TV.
Real Quarterback Rating is our newest Quality Stat at ColdHardFootballFacts.com. Publisher and Potentate of Pigskin Kerry J. Byrne discusses the indicator on CHFF TV with host Gary Tanguay and our friends from Comcast Sports Net.
Naturally, the indicator has been been a game-breaking touchdown through Week 2 with an incredibly high correlation to victory: Teams with more passing yards are 17-15. Teams with a better passer rating are 25-7. Teams with a better Real Quarterback Rating are 28-4.
As you know, passer rating measures only that, how well a quarterback passes the ball. Real Quarterback Rating accounts for all aspects of QB play, including rushing, rushing yards, rushing TDs, sacks and fumbles.
Become a CHFF Insider to track all our Quality Stats, including the Correlation to Victory and Predictive Rate of Victory for each of them, and many other indicators. CHFF Insider also includes our weekly "real and spectacular" picks with a documented track record of stellar success (just 8 losing weeks ATS in the 36 weeks since the start of the 2009 season); special features and our weekly point-spread analysis built upon one of the nation's largest databases of historic point spreads.
Read more: CHFF TV, Cold Hard Football Facts TV, Comcast, Gary Tanguay, Kerry Byrne, Kerry J. Byrne, NFL
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos