CHFF TV Week 3: A Look At Real Quarterback Rating
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 21, 2011
We talk our newest stat, Real Quarterback Rating, on CHFF TV.
Real Quarterback Rating is our newest Quality Stat at ColdHardFootballFacts.com. Publisher and Potentate of Pigskin Kerry J. Byrne discusses the indicator on CHFF TV with host Gary Tanguay and our friends from Comcast Sports Net.
Naturally, the indicator has been been a game-breaking touchdown through Week 2 with an incredibly high correlation to victory: Teams with more passing yards are 17-15. Teams with a better passer rating are 25-7. Teams with a better Real Quarterback Rating are 28-4.
As you know, passer rating measures only that, how well a quarterback passes the ball. Real Quarterback Rating accounts for all aspects of QB play, including rushing, rushing yards, rushing TDs, sacks and fumbles.
Become a CHFF Insider to track all our Quality Stats, including the Correlation to Victory and Predictive Rate of Victory for each of them, and many other indicators. CHFF Insider also includes our weekly "real and spectacular" picks with a documented track record of stellar success (just 8 losing weeks ATS in the 36 weeks since the start of the 2009 season); special features and our weekly point-spread analysis built upon one of the nation's largest databases of historic point spreads.
Read more: CHFF TV, Cold Hard Football Facts TV, Comcast, Gary Tanguay, Kerry Byrne, Kerry J. Byrne, NFL
From our partners
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team