Championship Week Snapshots: The Verge of Immortality
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
This should certainly make league-sponsored hype easier.
Manning and Brady writes itself, to the annoyance of fans who like 'different'. The optimist would say that Manning and Brady's matchups define the era, much like Aikman and Young almost a quarter century ago, or Bradshaw vs. Stabler in the 1970s. The contrarian will say both men's legacies are already definable. For me, as a fan of history, what's one more battle between the icons?
At least there's Seattle and San Francisco for the rest of the gang. A week of talking points could be on its way, as Jim Harbaugh and Richard Sherman are prone to providing bulletin-board quotes about the opposition. This game could well be Bodybag Game II, especially with a trip to the dance hanging in the balance.
Again, for the NFL Hype Machine, like shooting fish in a barrel.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team