Angry Hank's rib dry rub
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jul 26, 2005
Angry Hank is a friend of the Cold, Hard Football Facts who owns Seven's Bar & Grill, a sports bar in New Port Richey, Florida.
The source of Angry Hank's debilitating fury and many social failings have been chronicled elsewhere on the site. Suffice it to say, he repels us as a human being. But he inspires us as a tailgate chef of the most magnanimous sort.
This is his baby-back rib dry rub. It's best used with his oh-so-tender gas-grill baby back ribs. But it can be used in a variety of barbecue and grilled dishes as a solid, all-purpose rub.
Makes enough rub for about 15 pounds of ribs
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup chili powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup Old Bay
- 2 Tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons white table sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 Tablespoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
Mix thoroughly. Angry Hank recommends blending together in a food processor. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos