16 Mind-Blowing Facts Regarding the Divisional Playoffs
Eight franchises are still around to capture an NFL championship, something just over half of the field has experience during their respective histories.
For the Green Bay Packers (13), San Francisco 49ers (5), New England Patriots (3), Denver Broncos (2) and Baltimore Ravens (1), more would be much merrier.
For the Atlanta Falcons, Houston Texans and Seattle Seahawks, once would be good enough for now.
For the Ravens, this is the fifth straight year that they’re in the NFL’s version of the Elite Eight, namely because they own the league’s longest current playoff streak in terms of appearances and continue to win at least one playoff game, last week disposing of the Indianapolis Colts, 24-9. But Baltimore is still looking for its first trip to the Super Bowl since 2000.
The Patriots and Packers are making their fourth straight trip to the postseason, the former reaching the Super Bowl in 2007 and 2011 (part of their five appearances in the Big Game since ’01) and the latter walking away with another Lombardi Trophy and a 13th NFL title in 2010.
As for the Niners and Broncos, their glory days came more than a decade ago. But both are obviously more than capable of getting to New Orleans, where once upon a time those franchises squared off in Super Bowl XXIV.
Safe to say that this is a group loaded with storylines and more importantly, plenty of talented players.
So here’s a look, Noah’s Ark style, at a few facts and figures of interest regarding the NFL’s eight remaining teams.
Get ready for what is commonly referred to as the NFL’s best weekend. And somehow and some way, you can expect it to live up to billing.
- Peyton Manning More Prolific Than Previously Thought
- Texans Roll Into Pittsburgh And Roll Over For Steelers
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL Week 7 w the Adam Jones Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub
- NFL Quarterbacks On Pace For Highest Yards Per Attempt Avg In History
- San Diego & Denver: Experts In Red Zone Offensive Efficiency
- Broncos D Shines On Manning's Night
- Rams QB Austin Davis Is Saving A Fan Base From Apathy
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Weakness for One-Loss Teams
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team