Cold, Hard Football Facts Archive: Pigskin Detention
Here in Pigskin Detention, we have compiled all of your favorite smackdowns of the most idiotic writers, broadcasters and opinions in sports today.
Relive the classic moments in Pigskin Detention history: from the first time we called out Pete Prisco, to the moment his lily liver ran yella with fear of the Cold, Hard Football Facts, to the habitual assault on journalistic ethics that passed for a Ron Borges's football column, to our broad-daylight mugging of Skip Bayless in "A slow, hanging curveball" – the most lopsided rout on record since USMC vs. Saddam Hussein and the single greatest gridiron exposé in history. More recently, we've hung Mel Kiper's "expertise" out to dry, like a dirty jizz rag after a long overdue spin through the hot cycle.
But there's much, much more to be found here in the dank, dirty cells of Pigskin Detention, where the thin shell of credibility is torn open in our torture chambers of truth, revealing only the hollow bodies of baseless opinions.
Pigskin Detention: passing the Hot Potato of ‘punditry’
Remember playing Hot Potato as a kid? Sure you do. It was Survivor for kids before reality TV. Hot Potato is also a good metaphor for the way the pigskin "pundits" pass around tired old storylines. Also: Trent Dilfer makes us physically ill, while Dick Stockton has one loooonnng memory.
ESPN drunk behind the wheel of the USC bandwagon
A CHFF classic from September 2008, perfectly valid here in September 2009, as completely overhyped USC loses once again to a second-rate opponent.
Monday Night Favreball reaches a new low
ESPN reached a new low during its latest Monday Night Favreball broadcast, angrily demanding that Jets coach Eric Mangini unleash the power of BrettFavre upon the Chargers, then watching as the idea blew up in their faces.
Where have you gone, Dandy Don?
In the good old days of the MNF broadcast booth, Howard Cosell played the erudite East Coast intellectual and Don Meredith played good ol’ Joe Six-Pack. Last season, their roles were combined and miscast in the form of Tony Kornheiser, MNF's Joe Chardonnay.
Hu-Mel-iation! The 2008 mock-draft scorecard
If you took "Mel Kiper will nail 25 percent of his mock draft picks" and the over, you lost!
Pigskin Detention: Vic Carucci, take your seat
We have been a bit lax in skewering pointless "punditry" of late, preferring to excel on our own and let the others fall where they may. But our ire has been raised by a high-profile mail-in job from no less than the NFL's official "expert".
Pigskin Detention: Super Bowl edition
Sure, we could have had this out last week ... but now, we have an interminable offseason to fill, so we're kind of taking our time. Cold, Hard Football Facts contributors Josh Bacott and Pat Imig take a look back at Super Bowl XLI by pulling from their Pigskin Detention files the lavish praise the "pundits" heaped upon Super Bowl goat Rex Grossman back at the start of the season.
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012