Yearning For The Days Of Roger Staubach In Big D
On this date in 1979, Roger Staubach played his final game with the Dallas Cowboys. In our definitive list of the top 10 quarterbacks of all time, we rated Staubach No. 7.
The original Captain America is a far cry from the man under center in Big D today, Tony Romo.
Also on this date: the 1972 Miami Dolphins cap off their perfect regular season at 14-0.
And O.J. Simpson became the first player in NFL history to rush for 2,000 yards in a season, on this date in 1973. Two decades later, he would become synonymous with white Broncos and murder.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team