Ravens, Texans, Falcons Top Quality Stats Power Rankings
The Baltimore Ravens destroyed the Cincinnati Bengals 44-13 Monday night behind a deadly effort from quarterback Joe Flacco.
And as a result of that win, they emerge from Week 1 No. 1 in our Quality Stats Power Rankings, which sizes up each team across the board in each of our Quality Stats, and ranks them by highest average performance.
Our Quality Stats Power Rankings have proven very adept at picking out NFL champs: New Orleans was No. 1 across the board in 2009 and won the Super Bowl; Indianapolis was No. 3 across the board in 2009, the highest-ranked AFC team, and won the AFC title.
Green Bay was No. 1 across the board in 2010 and won the Super Bowl; Pittsburgh was No. 2 across the board and won the AFC title.
The Houston Texans were No. 1 across the board in 2011 before catastrophic injuries at quarterback derailed the team's likely Super Bowl run.
The Texans are back near the pole position after hammering the Miami Dolphins, 30-10, in Week 1. And the Atlanta Falcons round out the Top 3 and are the higest-rated NFC team, after crushing the Kansas City Chiefs, 40-24.
Matt Ryan and the Falcons, meanwhile, have a tough road ahead of them. They face a deadly gauntlet of NFL quartertbacks nearly every week this season, starting Monday night against Peyton Manning and the Broncos.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team