Paul Tagliabue Overturns Saints Player Suspensions Issued By Roger Goodell
by Patrick Imig (@patrickimig)
Cold Hard Football Facts' Bailiff-Stenographer
While Saints players Jonathan Vilma, Anthony Hargrove and Will Smith are out of the suspended doghouse, there is still the issue of contamination in the Saints organization.
"My affirmation of Commissioner Goodell’s findings could certainly justify the issuance of fines. However, this entire case has been contaminated by the coaches and others in the Saints’ organization. Having reviewed the testimony very carefully, including documentary evidence that is at the center of the conflict, and having assessed the credibility of the four central witnesses on these matters, I find there is more than enough evidence to support Commissioner Goodell’s findings that Mr. Vilma offered such a bounty (on Brett Favre).”
So while the all-powerful current commissioner is relegated to back judge with Tagliabue around, does it mean Tagliabue will oversee the punishment for the Saints hierarchy?
Is there more punishment coming for the Saints organization or does the NFL want to finally put this to bed?
Better question: is Tom Brady the NFL Babymaker MVP of the year?
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team