Paul Tagliabue Overturns Saints Player Suspensions Issued By Roger Goodell
by Patrick Imig (@patrickimig)
Cold Hard Football Facts' Bailiff-Stenographer
While Saints players Jonathan Vilma, Anthony Hargrove and Will Smith are out of the suspended doghouse, there is still the issue of contamination in the Saints organization.
"My affirmation of Commissioner Goodell’s findings could certainly justify the issuance of fines. However, this entire case has been contaminated by the coaches and others in the Saints’ organization. Having reviewed the testimony very carefully, including documentary evidence that is at the center of the conflict, and having assessed the credibility of the four central witnesses on these matters, I find there is more than enough evidence to support Commissioner Goodell’s findings that Mr. Vilma offered such a bounty (on Brett Favre).”
So while the all-powerful current commissioner is relegated to back judge with Tagliabue around, does it mean Tagliabue will oversee the punishment for the Saints hierarchy?
Is there more punishment coming for the Saints organization or does the NFL want to finally put this to bed?
Better question: is Tom Brady the NFL Babymaker MVP of the year?
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review