Packers Coach Mike McCarthy Doubles as Linebacker Chase Blackburn
The 2011 NFC Divisional Round rematch between the Giants and Packers went a lot like the Sunday Night main event of Week 12 in 2012.
As pointed out by our Black & Blue Brother Tom Pollin, the passer rating stats were eerily similar for both Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning: "Aaron Rodgers finished with a 78.3 Passer Rating in the playoffs compared to an 81.9 on Sunday night. Manning’s playoff Passer Rating was 114.5. He finished with a 114.4 rating on Sunday."
The result was pretty much the same, it's just the Packers weren't gift-wrapped penalties to extend drives and finished with 10 points instead of 20.
Another difference this go-around: Mike McCarthy played linebacker for the Giants.
And with that, the story of Chase Blackburn gets even more remarkable.
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Oh The Horror: Jaguars Titans TNF Preview
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team