Packers Coach Mike McCarthy Doubles as Linebacker Chase Blackburn
The 2011 NFC Divisional Round rematch between the Giants and Packers went a lot like the Sunday Night main event of Week 12 in 2012.
As pointed out by our Black & Blue Brother Tom Pollin, the passer rating stats were eerily similar for both Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning: "Aaron Rodgers finished with a 78.3 Passer Rating in the playoffs compared to an 81.9 on Sunday night. Manning’s playoff Passer Rating was 114.5. He finished with a 114.4 rating on Sunday."
The result was pretty much the same, it's just the Packers weren't gift-wrapped penalties to extend drives and finished with 10 points instead of 20.
Another difference this go-around: Mike McCarthy played linebacker for the Giants.
And with that, the story of Chase Blackburn gets even more remarkable.
- CHFF Flashback: Colin Kaepernick Has Worst QB Performance of 2013
- Patriots Turn It Around With Win Over Minnesota
- Andy Dalton Passes Aaron Rodgers In Record Books
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Cardinals And Chargers: Charting Their Courses After Week 1
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig
- Groundhog Day: Seattle Dominates Green Bay