Packers Coach Mike McCarthy Doubles as Linebacker Chase Blackburn
The 2011 NFC Divisional Round rematch between the Giants and Packers went a lot like the Sunday Night main event of Week 12 in 2012.
As pointed out by our Black & Blue Brother Tom Pollin, the passer rating stats were eerily similar for both Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning: "Aaron Rodgers finished with a 78.3 Passer Rating in the playoffs compared to an 81.9 on Sunday night. Manning’s playoff Passer Rating was 114.5. He finished with a 114.4 rating on Sunday."
The result was pretty much the same, it's just the Packers weren't gift-wrapped penalties to extend drives and finished with 10 points instead of 20.
Another difference this go-around: Mike McCarthy played linebacker for the Giants.
And with that, the story of Chase Blackburn gets even more remarkable.
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Panthers Better Than Falcons in 17 of 22 Quality Stats
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls