Packers Coach Mike McCarthy Doubles as Linebacker Chase Blackburn
The 2011 NFC Divisional Round rematch between the Giants and Packers went a lot like the Sunday Night main event of Week 12 in 2012.
As pointed out by our Black & Blue Brother Tom Pollin, the passer rating stats were eerily similar for both Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning: "Aaron Rodgers finished with a 78.3 Passer Rating in the playoffs compared to an 81.9 on Sunday night. Manning’s playoff Passer Rating was 114.5. He finished with a 114.4 rating on Sunday."
The result was pretty much the same, it's just the Packers weren't gift-wrapped penalties to extend drives and finished with 10 points instead of 20.
Another difference this go-around: Mike McCarthy played linebacker for the Giants.
And with that, the story of Chase Blackburn gets even more remarkable.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team