Packers Coach Mike McCarthy Doubles as Linebacker Chase Blackburn
The 2011 NFC Divisional Round rematch between the Giants and Packers went a lot like the Sunday Night main event of Week 12 in 2012.
As pointed out by our Black & Blue Brother Tom Pollin, the passer rating stats were eerily similar for both Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning: "Aaron Rodgers finished with a 78.3 Passer Rating in the playoffs compared to an 81.9 on Sunday night. Manning’s playoff Passer Rating was 114.5. He finished with a 114.4 rating on Sunday."
The result was pretty much the same, it's just the Packers weren't gift-wrapped penalties to extend drives and finished with 10 points instead of 20.
Another difference this go-around: Mike McCarthy played linebacker for the Giants.
And with that, the story of Chase Blackburn gets even more remarkable.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review