Jerry Jones Reaching Al Davis Levels Of Senility
Dallas owner and general manager of the 8-8 Cowboys (three years running) thinks the NFL should add four more playoff teams so that .500 teams and their cities can benefit from the playoffs. Okay then.
"From the standpoint of looking at how exciting it is for a city or a community to be involved in the playoffs and the fact that you can have a team that might have literally operated at .500 or in that area ... you can have that team win the Super Bowl. That makes a big case for adding a couple of more cities or communities that have NFL teams to the playoffs.
"It just creates that much more excitement and that much more interest for people in those communities. So I fall on the side of the ledger that would increase the playoffs."
Even if the NFL added four more playoff teams (two in each conference), Dallas would be on the outside looking in.
Kind of like the view from the AT&T owner's box where torment and disappointment reign every season in Big D.
At this point, Jerry is closing in on Al Davis' late years on the NFL senility scale.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team