Jerry Jones Reaching Al Davis Levels Of Senility
Dallas owner and general manager of the 8-8 Cowboys (three years running) thinks the NFL should add four more playoff teams so that .500 teams and their cities can benefit from the playoffs. Okay then.
"From the standpoint of looking at how exciting it is for a city or a community to be involved in the playoffs and the fact that you can have a team that might have literally operated at .500 or in that area ... you can have that team win the Super Bowl. That makes a big case for adding a couple of more cities or communities that have NFL teams to the playoffs.
"It just creates that much more excitement and that much more interest for people in those communities. So I fall on the side of the ledger that would increase the playoffs."
Even if the NFL added four more playoff teams (two in each conference), Dallas would be on the outside looking in.
Kind of like the view from the AT&T owner's box where torment and disappointment reign every season in Big D.
At this point, Jerry is closing in on Al Davis' late years on the NFL senility scale.
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team