Articles tagged "wildcard playoffs"
King of Props Expects High Fives
The King of Props' loyal subjects have celebrated routinely this season. Now 45-24-1, he expects to cash in when two players reach five here on Jan. 5.
Graphic Statistical Sex For 2013 NFL Playoff Contenders
The fortunes of every playoff team hinged upon one factor only: winning the battle of passing efficiency. This correlation, and impact of the arrival of Nick Foles in Philly, or the loss of Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, is easy to see in the season-long Passer Rating Differential and point differential line graphs we plotted for each playoff contender.
Wildcard Trends: Favorites, Unders, Wintry Weather
Favorites have dominated recent wildcard play: the last wildcard underdog to cover was Tim Tebow's 2011 Broncos, who beat the Steelers outright. Oddsmaking analyst Mike Wilkening explores some of the top handicapping storylines this weekend.
Hot or Not? PRD Trends For Each Wildcard Contender
Two years ago we introduced Passer Rating Differential trend charts at the bequest of NFL Films, which wanted to use this CHFF Quality Stat as a way to measure which teams are statistically peaking entering the postseason. This year, the Eagles are hot! The Saints are not.
What Took So Long? NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013
NFL games produced 46.82 points in 2013, breaking a largely unknown record for scoring productivity set back in 1948. Which begets the question: why did it take the NFL 65 years, and 25 years of legislative manipulation, to match the scoring pace of the leather-helmet era?
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review