Articles tagged "situational football"
Brains Over Brawn: Smart Teams Dominated 2013 Season
We created the Intelligence Index before the start of the season to separate smart, well-coached teams from dumb, poorly coached teams. The results were spectacular. Among other things, it proved that success in situational football is more important than physical prowess.
Smart Stat: Final 2013 Intelligence Index
We created the Intelligence Index to quantify the importance of situational football and find a way to break the statistical containment of the Vegas point spread. It proved a rousing success. Here are the final 2013 results for each NFL team.
Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
The disappointing Houston Texans have the biggest muscles and the smallest brain in the NFL this year. They consistently win the physical battles, but lose the mental battles. As a result, they're 2-10 overall, 3-9 against the spread, and No. 32 and dead last on the powerful CHFF Intelligence Index.
Football Feast: Situational Success = ATS Victories
Our four portfolios of picks at CHFF Insider continue to build momentum here in the soft underbelly of the season, a period we know as the Pigskin High Holidays. Our performance feast is paced by the Intelligence Index, a perfect 3-0 in Week 12 and dabbling with 70% success ATS.
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team