Articles tagged "situational football"
Brains Over Brawn: Smart Teams Dominated 2013 Season
We created the Intelligence Index before the start of the season to separate smart, well-coached teams from dumb, poorly coached teams. The results were spectacular. Among other things, it proved that success in situational football is more important than physical prowess.
Smart Stat: Final 2013 Intelligence Index
We created the Intelligence Index to quantify the importance of situational football and find a way to break the statistical containment of the Vegas point spread. It proved a rousing success. Here are the final 2013 results for each NFL team.
Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
The disappointing Houston Texans have the biggest muscles and the smallest brain in the NFL this year. They consistently win the physical battles, but lose the mental battles. As a result, they're 2-10 overall, 3-9 against the spread, and No. 32 and dead last on the powerful CHFF Intelligence Index.
Football Feast: Situational Success = ATS Victories
Our four portfolios of picks at CHFF Insider continue to build momentum here in the soft underbelly of the season, a period we know as the Pigskin High Holidays. Our performance feast is paced by the Intelligence Index, a perfect 3-0 in Week 12 and dabbling with 70% success ATS.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team