Articles tagged "raiders"
Farewell, Tuck Rule; Hello, Charles Woodson’s Illegal Head Slap
The NFL finally cast off the quirky and controversial Tuck Rule, 11 years after it jobbed the Oakland Raiders in the 2001 playoffs and gave birth to the New England Patriots dynasty. But the overturned fumble was not the only blown call on that same play.
Denver Broncos Sweep Oakland Raiders for 8th Straight Win
Denver controlled the game but settled for four field goals on its way to a 26-13 victory in Oakland Thursday night. Peyton Manning did not have his "MVP moment" but nor did he need one: the Broncos may be the most complete team in football.
The 5.0 Club: run defense in '11 lit up like hippies in '69
You already know that pass defenses in 2011 were lit up like hippies at Woodstock. Turns out things were not much better for run defenses: three teams in 2011 joined the exclusive and ignominious 5.0 club of worst run defenses ever: the Lions, Raiders and Bucs. So sad.
Lions Team Report: It's Spelled P-L-A-Y-O-F-F-S: Five Things We Learned
Matthew Stafford reconnected with his main target, Calvin Johnson, for 214-yards and two touchdowns. One more victory in their last two games gets them to a place they haven't been in over a decade.
Lions Team Report: In Oakland With Playoffs On Their Mind
The Lions barely escaped the field last Sunday with a victory over the Vikings but found themselves back in the driver's seat for a playoff spot. They travel to Oakland this week to face another team fighting for it's playoff life.
The Bears Get Ambushed by Reality and the Chiefs 10-3: 5 Things We Learned
The Bears took to the field in Chicago ready to get back to their playoff dreams. The Chiefs did just enough to turn the day into a nightmare. Tom Pollin wipes the sleep from his eyes and breaks it down for you.
Bears team report: Hanie's mistakes too much to overcome
The Bears began the "Caleb Hanie era" at quarterback with a tough loss to the Raiders in Oakland. The Bears played tough but made too many mistakes to overcome.
The Bears Invade Raider Nation: Week 12 Preview
Caleb Hanie makes his debut as a starting quarterback in one of the toughest places in the league for visitors to play. He'll need all the poise and confidence he showed in the NFC championship last season to come out on top this week.
Detroit Team Report: Packers Thankful for Lions' Mistakes and Win 27-15: Five Things We Learned
It was a close, tightly fought game through the first half. Then Aaron Rodgers came out for the second half and the wheels fell off for the Lions. Tom Pollin shows his gratitude with a lesson in pigskin.
George Blanda: great showman, the original gunslinger
Pro Football Hall of Famer George Blanda passed away in September 2010 at 83 years old, 35 years after the end of a wild-ride career unlike any other in history. Blanda was much more than the oldest player ever: he was the sport's great showman and its original gunslinger.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012