Articles tagged "point spreads"
Sign Of The Times: Sharp Drops $30K Against Underdog Dallas Cowboys
The Dallas Cowboys were the most popular bet in football for years, their popularity as "America's Team" fueling public passion. This year Dallas is an NFL-best 6-1 ATS, but the passion is gone. Just ask the sharp who dropped The Mirage limit $30,000 on Detroit -3 this week.
Denver Broncos Battle Jacksonville Jaguars, Point-Spread History
The Denver Broncos are 27- to 27.5-point favorites over the inept Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday. It is one of the biggest lines in NFL history. Oddsmaking analyst Mike Wilkening explores how each team can cover this landmark point spread.
Vegas Wise Guys Discuss Impact of Injuries, Fan-Fueled Betting
CHFF Insider analyst Sean O'Neill talks to key Las Vegas bookmakers about the impact that major injuries and absences, like Von Miller's, have on the point-spread market. They also address the concept of fan-fueled betting on popular "public" teams.
Public Lust and Point Spreads: San Francisco Sexy Factor Hurt Bettors
The undervalued San Francisco 49ers were the NFL's best bet with Alex Smith at quarterback. Then Jim Harbaugh inserted sexy younger model Colin Kaepernick. The betting public fell in love and began acting irrationally.
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team