Articles tagged "point spreads"
Sign Of The Times: Sharp Drops $30K Against Underdog Dallas Cowboys
The Dallas Cowboys were the most popular bet in football for years, their popularity as "America's Team" fueling public passion. This year Dallas is an NFL-best 6-1 ATS, but the passion is gone. Just ask the sharp who dropped The Mirage limit $30,000 on Detroit -3 this week.
Denver Broncos Battle Jacksonville Jaguars, Point-Spread History
The Denver Broncos are 27- to 27.5-point favorites over the inept Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday. It is one of the biggest lines in NFL history. Oddsmaking analyst Mike Wilkening explores how each team can cover this landmark point spread.
Vegas Wise Guys Discuss Impact of Injuries, Fan-Fueled Betting
CHFF Insider analyst Sean O'Neill talks to key Las Vegas bookmakers about the impact that major injuries and absences, like Von Miller's, have on the point-spread market. They also address the concept of fan-fueled betting on popular "public" teams.
Public Lust and Point Spreads: San Francisco Sexy Factor Hurt Bettors
The undervalued San Francisco 49ers were the NFL's best bet with Alex Smith at quarterback. Then Jim Harbaugh inserted sexy younger model Colin Kaepernick. The betting public fell in love and began acting irrationally.
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- Trifecta, King Of Props Power Week 13 Results
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate