Articles tagged "point spreads"
Sign Of The Times: Sharp Drops $30K Against Underdog Dallas Cowboys
The Dallas Cowboys were the most popular bet in football for years, their popularity as "America's Team" fueling public passion. This year Dallas is an NFL-best 6-1 ATS, but the passion is gone. Just ask the sharp who dropped The Mirage limit $30,000 on Detroit -3 this week.
Denver Broncos Battle Jacksonville Jaguars, Point-Spread History
The Denver Broncos are 27- to 27.5-point favorites over the inept Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday. It is one of the biggest lines in NFL history. Oddsmaking analyst Mike Wilkening explores how each team can cover this landmark point spread.
Vegas Wise Guys Discuss Impact of Injuries, Fan-Fueled Betting
CHFF Insider analyst Sean O'Neill talks to key Las Vegas bookmakers about the impact that major injuries and absences, like Von Miller's, have on the point-spread market. They also address the concept of fan-fueled betting on popular "public" teams.
Public Lust and Point Spreads: San Francisco Sexy Factor Hurt Bettors
The undervalued San Francisco 49ers were the NFL's best bet with Alex Smith at quarterback. Then Jim Harbaugh inserted sexy younger model Colin Kaepernick. The betting public fell in love and began acting irrationally.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review