Articles tagged "passer rating"
Video Game Football: Passing, Rushing, Kicking Never Easier Than In Modern NFL
The NFL’s 2012 season was the most pass-happy in history, and also the most efficient yet. The modern NFL has been defined by skyrocketing efficiency not only for passers, but for rushers and kickers, too. Scott Kacsmar recaps all the record numbers.
Dom Capers: CHFF’s Passer Rating Differential 'Most Significant' Stat In Football
Our pal Bill Huber from Packer Report interviewed Green Bay defensive coordinator Dom Capers Thursday, who called Passer Rating Differential a "common-sense principle" and "the most significant stat" because of its correlation to victory.
CHFF Talks Power of Passer Rating on Baltimore Sports Radio
The Potentate of Pigskin pleasantly spewed his worldly knowledge of pigskin on Baltimore Sports Radio station 105.7 . It smelled of piping hot Buffalo Wings and the thrill of victory.
Victory Feast: The Predictive Brilliance Of Passer Rating
Passer rating fattened itself on predictive excellence once again on Thursday, predicting victories by all three road teams. Passer rating is 108-54 (.667) picking winners this year and an incredible 35-9 (.795) since Week 9.
Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill And The Most Prolific Rookie QBs
Andrew Luck set a rookie record with his 433-yard effort in Indy’s 23-20 victory over Miami on Sunday. But we wanted to look, too, at the most efficient rookie passing performances in NFL history, and a surprising name tops one list: Ryan Tannehill.
Good Ol' Passer Rating Predicts NFL Winners Better Than Any Stat
Passer rating is the most misunderstood statistic in football, and maybe in all of sports. Folks love to bash it. But longtime CHFF readers know it is almost the perfect stat. And among its many uses, it's consistently the best way to predict NFL winners and losers.
CHFF Super Study: Which QBs Decline After Seven Games?
Eli Manning's second-half swoons each season are a problem, but is this common for quarterbacks once the calendar strikes November? Scott Kacsmar looks at 100 all-time quarterbacks to find the answers, which may surprise you.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012