Articles tagged "nfl playoffs"
Cup of Statistical Joe: Flacco Best Big-Game QB In NFL Today
Much has been made Ray Lewis’s emotional impact on the Ravens. It's a nice, warm story. The Cold, Hard Football Fact is that Baltimore is in the Super Bowl because Joe Flacco is the best big-game QB in the NFL today.
Captain Comeback: Harbaugh Brothers Blank NFL’s Top Comeback QBs
Atlanta's Matt Ryan and New England's Tom Brady are the top two comeback quarterbacks in football. But they were each blanked in the second half at home by the Harbaugh Brothers. Captain Comeback breaks it all down.
Last Stand: Baltimore Ravens Smash New England Patriots Mystique For Final Time
John Harbaugh and the Ravens did more than just beat the Patriots in the AFC title game. They exposed for the final time a failed strategy in New England that has yielded plenty of great stats, records and regular seasons but that ultimately failed in the end with four mirror-image losses.
Hello New Orleans: San Francisco Beats Atlanta, 28-24
The San Francisco 49ers beat the Atlanta Falcons 28-24 in the NFC championship game, overcoming a huge first-half deficit and dominating the second half to advance to the sixth Super Bowl in franchise history. Here are five knee-jerk Cold, Hard Football Facts.
San Francisco 49ers Biggest Road Favorite In Modern Title Game History
Good news 49ers and Patriots fans: favorites win consistently in the conference title games. But San Francisco is a huge anomaly: at -4 to -4.5, the 49ers are the biggest road favorite in a conference title game in the Live Ball Era.
AFC Title Game Stats, Facts And Notes
The look at the statistical highlights and trends from the 2012 AFC championship game.
NFC Title Game Stats, Facts And Notes
A look at some of the stats, facts and trends that define the NFC championship game.
Famous Last Words: ‘49ers Will Regret Starting Kaepernick’
We bombastically declared last week that the 49ers will regret the decision to start Colin Kaepernick, only to watch him prove the power of Real Quarterback Rating, with a 116.4 performance. Teams better in Real QB Rating are 52-4 (.929) since Week 15.
Mother Of All Stats Gets Hammered Like Drunken Old MILF
We thought of washed up MILFs everywhere when our own Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential, got hammered like cosmo-swilling cougar Mrs. Stiffler in the divisional round. Still, Colin Kaepernick, Tom Brady and our Real and Spectacular picks rock 'n roll on.
Colin Kaepernick Runs Wild, San Francisco 49ers Crush Green Bay Packers
The San Francisco 49ers put away the Green Bay Packers behind a record-setting performance by QB Colin Kaepernick and huge a second-half surge. The 49ers advance to the NFC title game for the second straight year under Jim Harbaugh.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012