Articles tagged "nate washington"
The Legend of Limas Sweed: The NFL Receiver Who Couldn't Catch
Draft-niks gushed over Texas Longhorns wide receiver Lima Sweed back in 2008. They overlooked one little problem: Sweed couldn't catch syphilis in a Thai whorehouse. Scott Kacsmar pens a cautionary tale.
Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
The 2012 draft and the following season proved, yet again, that high-priced wide receivers are little more than Shiny Hood Ornaments, the most overvalued position in all of sports. We review an ugly, ugly year for teams that chased wide receivers in the draft.
NFL Blacksmithing: How Super Bowl Winners Craft Their Receiving Weapons
What kind of receiving corps wins a Super Bowl? Is it better to have veterans or a mix of young players? Homegrown talent or free agents? Scott Kacsmar examines all 47 Super Bowl champs and, among other things, finds that dominant WRs are often a deterrent to team success.
NFL Plagued By Epidemic Of Gutless Coaches
Fourth-down conversion rates have never been higher and offense has never been easier. Yet NFL coaches have never been more reluctant to go for it. Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar looks at the epidemic of gutlessness plaguing the NFL.
Vince Young: The Man, the Myth, the Moron
Vince Young returned to the news this week, but will he ever return to the NFL? Scott Kacsmar examines a confusing career full of comebacks and clowning.
Captain Comeback Week 7: Old vs. New, Eli Manning Upstages RGIII
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar has another record for Eli Manning, a bad record for Cam Newton, the good/bad/ugly Patriots, and Bengals bomb at home versus Pittsburgh again.
Captain Comeback Week 3: What the Hell’s Going on Out Here?
Multiple one-minute drills, successful Hail Mary's and overtime games? Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar breaks down a massive, ridiculous week, referees included, and offers up a candidate for Stat of the Month.
AFC South Preview: Houston Texans Face Competition
The Indianapolis Colts owned the AFC South for better than a decade. Now they're rebuilding while the Houston Texans return as champs for the first time in their history. Will the upstart power retain its crown?
Colts Trample Titans: Five Things We Learned
Cold, Hard Football Facts beat man Steve Camp assesses the wreckage of Tennessee's crash landing at Lucas Oil Stadium. What's that? That was the actual game? Coulda fooled us.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012