Articles tagged "joe gibbs"
Matter Of Facts: Super Bowl XLVIII - No Offense Meant
Entering 2013, seven teams in NFL history had scored 540 or more points in a season. In Super Bowl XLVIII, the Broncos hope to avoid their fates.
Colin Kaepernick A Playoff Rushing Monster
San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick has 362 career postseason rushing yards, the fifth-most rushing yards by a QB in postseason history. Kaepernick has averaged 90.5 yards-per-game in his four playoff games, the highest yards-per-game average by a QB in NFL history.
A Legacy Examined: Mike Shanahan, Mastermind
He's got the nickname, and the rings. But if this year in Washington is it for Mike Shanahan, does he have the right Hall of Fame credentials?
11 NFL Teams Averaging At Least 25 PPG
ABOVE AVERAGE: Eleven teams in 2013 are averaging at least 25 points per game, which is on pace to be the most in a season in NFL history.
Hail To The 1991 Washington Redskins: Best Team Of The Super Bowl Era?
A lot of teams leap to mind when the discussion turns to the greatest team of the Super Bowl Era. The 1991 Redskins are rarely one of them. They should be. Mick Warshaw looks at the statistical firepower of the greatest team everybody forgot.
NFL Final Four History: No Match for NHL Clash of Champions
The last four teams in the NHL playoffs are the last four Stanley Cup champions. Scott Kacsmar examines the NFL’s “Final Four” history to see how close football’s best came to this rare feat.
NFL Blacksmithing: How Super Bowl Winners Craft Their Receiving Weapons
What kind of receiving corps wins a Super Bowl? Is it better to have veterans or a mix of young players? Homegrown talent or free agents? Scott Kacsmar examines all 47 Super Bowl champs and, among other things, finds that dominant WRs are often a deterrent to team success.
Bill Belichick 18-7 Postseason Record Trumps John Harbaugh (7-4)
Bill Belichick is 18-7 in the postseason and 5-2 in his career against the Baltimore Ravens.
Tom Brady Passes Joe Montana For No. 1 All Time In Playoff Wins
On a weekend when Brady etched his name on another page of the NFL history books, the Baltimore Ravens captured the highest winning percentage in history in road playoff games
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review