Articles tagged "divisional playoffs"
Famous Last Words: ‘49ers Will Regret Starting Kaepernick’
We bombastically declared last week that the 49ers will regret the decision to start Colin Kaepernick, only to watch him prove the power of Real Quarterback Rating, with a 116.4 performance. Teams better in Real QB Rating are 52-4 (.929) since Week 15.
Mother Of All Stats Gets Hammered Like Drunken Old MILF
We thought of washed up MILFs everywhere when our own Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential, got hammered like cosmo-swilling cougar Mrs. Stiffler in the divisional round. Still, Colin Kaepernick, Tom Brady and our Real and Spectacular picks rock 'n roll on.
Colin Kaepernick Runs Wild, San Francisco 49ers Crush Green Bay Packers
The San Francisco 49ers put away the Green Bay Packers behind a record-setting performance by QB Colin Kaepernick and huge a second-half surge. The 49ers advance to the NFC title game for the second straight year under Jim Harbaugh.
Heartbreaker: Same Old Song And Dance For Peyton Manning
That was an old familiar classic rock tune you heard in Denver Sunday afternoon: a Peyton Manning team dominating the regular season and then fizzling in the postseason. Here is a platinum album of stats and data from Baltimore's 38-35 win at Denver.
Frosty Orange Crush: Our Man Winkler In Denver
Cold, Hard Football Facts AFC West beat man and U.S. Marine Nate Winkler is a rabid Broncos fan and jetted out to Denver for the big Ravens game today, obviously letting down his iron facade of CHFF reporter loyal only to the facts.
NFL Divisional Round Trends, Teams and History
A look at key historic trends about the divisional playoffs and each of the eight teams competing this weekend.
Ravens-Broncos: Manning Meltdown or Lewis Retirement Party?
The Baltimore Ravens come to town with an upset on their mind as they take on the AFC's top seeded Denver Broncos.
Texans-Patriots: Payback's A Bitch, But Houston Low On Cash
The Patriots are going into this match up against the Houston Texans with great confidence, even though they will never admit it.
NFL Divisional Playoffs First Reaction: Final 8 Proves Power Of PRD
The statistical chaff of the playoff field was conveniently separated from the nourishing wheat of contenders in the wildcard round, especially when you analyze the NFL through the powerful prism of Passer Rating Differential. We use PRD to take our first look ahead at the four divisional playoff clashes.
Captain Comeback: Another Giant San Francisco Treat
Scott Kacsmar recaps a historic Divisional weekend with a record-breaking five-minute finish in San Francisco, the season finale of The Tebow Zone, Yates' mistakes, and why you shouldn’t have been surprised the Giants beat Green Bay’s scoring machine.
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012