Articles tagged "defensive passer rating"
Statistical Power & Glory: Dominant Performances, New Stats, New Features
Our new jam-packed "Big Boards" at CHFF Insider are sortable tables ranking the statistical winners and losers in every single Quality Stats from No. 1 to No. 512. Here's a look back at the dominant performances of 2012.
Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Ronde Barber and the 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers rode arguably the greatest pass defense in NFL history to the franchise's only Super Bowl victory.
Video Game Football: Passing, Rushing, Kicking Never Easier Than In Modern NFL
The NFL’s 2012 season was the most pass-happy in history, and also the most efficient yet. The modern NFL has been defined by skyrocketing efficiency not only for passers, but for rushers and kickers, too. Scott Kacsmar recaps all the record numbers.
Dom Capers: CHFF’s Passer Rating Differential 'Most Significant' Stat In Football
Our pal Bill Huber from Packer Report interviewed Green Bay defensive coordinator Dom Capers Thursday, who called Passer Rating Differential a "common-sense principle" and "the most significant stat" because of its correlation to victory.
NFL Divisional Playoffs First Reaction: Final 8 Proves Power Of PRD
The statistical chaff of the playoff field was conveniently separated from the nourishing wheat of contenders in the wildcard round, especially when you analyze the NFL through the powerful prism of Passer Rating Differential. We use PRD to take our first look ahead at the four divisional playoff clashes.
Pumped And Jacked: Pete Carroll's Deadly Seattle Seahawks
Pete Carroll's deadly Seahawks just plucked the Cardinals, 58-0: the fifth biggest blowout in the NFL since 1940. Don't look now, folks: but this team is a threat to win it all.
Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill And The Most Prolific Rookie QBs
Andrew Luck set a rookie record with his 433-yard effort in Indy’s 23-20 victory over Miami on Sunday. But we wanted to look, too, at the most efficient rookie passing performances in NFL history, and a surprising name tops one list: Ryan Tannehill.
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- The List: NFL's Top Performers in December
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate