Articles tagged "correlation to victory"
Real and Spectacular: Uncle CHFF Wins BIG Again in 2013
Seattle's dominant Super Bowl victory proved a perfect ending the 2013 season for the Mighty CHFF that once again validated our analysis, methodology and Quality Stats. We produced a spectacular late-season slate of money-making picks for CHFF Insiders across four different portfolios.
Statistical Power & Glory: Dominant Performances, New Stats, New Features
Our new jam-packed "Big Boards" at CHFF Insider are sortable tables ranking the statistical winners and losers in every single Quality Stats from No. 1 to No. 512. Here's a look back at the dominant performances of 2012.
Aaron Rodgers King of Real QB Rating; Cam Newton The Jester
Aaron Rodgers boasts the highest Real QB Rating in NFL history, dominating a stat with the highest Correlation to Victory in football. Cam Newton, meanwhile, has also put up lofty numbers, but is the rare player who has failed to turn Real QBR production into victories.
Mother Of All Stats Gets Hammered Like Drunken Old MILF
We thought of washed up MILFs everywhere when our own Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential, got hammered like cosmo-swilling cougar Mrs. Stiffler in the divisional round. Still, Colin Kaepernick, Tom Brady and our Real and Spectacular picks rock 'n roll on.
Victory Feast: The Predictive Brilliance Of Passer Rating
Passer rating fattened itself on predictive excellence once again on Thursday, predicting victories by all three road teams. Passer rating is 108-54 (.667) picking winners this year and an incredible 35-9 (.795) since Week 9.
Picks, Stats, Trends: Kick The Tires on CHFF Insider With Free 1-Week Trial
We are offering Cold, Hard Football Facts readers a one-week free trial to kick the tires on CHFF Insider. Simply click the Insider link in the CHFF nav bar (or just click here) and sign up for our one-week free trial.
Correlation to Victory
Correlation to Victory helps you determine which indicators are keys to winning games and which are not.
QBR: ESPN's Deeply Flawed Made-For-TV Stat
ESPN tells us its new QBR values a QB's contributions to victory. So why in 2008 was winless Dan Orlovsky of the 0-16 Lions rated ahead of Pittsburgh's Super Bowl hero Ben Roethlisberger?
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review