Articles tagged "Week 16"
Luke Kuechly's 24 Tackles, One Interception Puts Him In Rare Air
Carolina linebacker Luke Kuechly had 24 tackles and an interception in the Panthers’ win over New Orleans. Since tackles were tracked 1994, Kuechly’s 24 tackles are tied for the most in a game (New York Jets’ David Harris, November 4, 2007).
King of Props Offers One More Gift Before Christmas
After the penultimate Sunday of the 2013 regular season, the King of Props is 42-22-1 (.656). He looks to tie a bow on another winning week with tonight's play.
NFL Bottom Line: Stats That Defined Each Week 16 Game
Justin Henry breaks down a crazy slate of Week 16 action, with historical days for Peyton Manning, the Carolina Panthers, and the Philadelphia Eagles.
Detroit Lions Suffer From Institutional Futility
Jim Schwartz and the Cowardly Lions tucked their tales on Sunday at a moment when the organization needed bold leadership. The Lions were odds-on favorites to win the NFC North at mid-season. But in typical fashion, they collapsed down the stretch and will miss the playoffs.
Momentum Myth: Week 16 'Statements' Written in Disappearing Ink
It was a week full of "statement wins," but unfortunately for happy fans with Super Bowl dreams, there's no correlation between late-season quality and playoff success.
The AFC Playoff Picture: What's What for Week 17
Here it is, the official lowdown for the final six slots in the AFC and how they'll be determined in one week's time.
Indianapolis 23, Kansas City 7: Colts Trample Alex Smith and Chiefs
Thanks to a ferocious Indianapolis defense, Alex Smith suffered his worst game of the season. He completed 16/29 passes for 155 yards with zero touchdowns, two interceptions, one lost fumble and was sacked four times.
Carolina 17, New Orleans 13: Saints Dominate Volume Stats, Panthers Grab Victory
New Orleans out-gained Carolina 20-10 in first downs, gained 365 total yards of offense to Carolina’s 222 and churned out 81 plays to Carolina’s 44 ... and still lost.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team