Articles tagged "Week 15"
2013: The Year Of The 14-Point Comeback
With two weeks remaining in the regular season, there have been 18 comeback wins of at least 14 points, tied for the most in a season in NFL history (18 in 2011).
Otto Graham, Sammy Baugh: Honoring Two Of The Founding Pigskin Fathers
Two of the greatest quarterbacks in professional football history died on the same date, December 17th. We pay tribute to both.
Drew Brees: Cursed By Brett Favre's Wrangler Jeans
In the first half of Brett Favre's career, when he was slinging the ball around the field like a gunslinger, he struggled mightily against the St. Louis Rams. At some point, he passed this ailment to Drew Brees. Patrick Imig examines.
Bloated Yardage Totals Creating Record Season For All 32 Teams
NFL games have averaged 703.2 total yards per game, which is on pace to surpass the single-season record set in 2012 (694.4 per game)
King of Props Stays Hot As Temperatures Drop
The "King of Props" has brought the heat all season, posting a royal record of 41-20-1 (.672). He can ice a fourth straight winning week with tonight's play.
Good Grief! Isn’t There Anyone Who Knows What the AFC Is All About?
Charlie Brown famously yells out before the Peanuts Christmas pageant, “Isn’t there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about!” We felt the same exasperation in Week 15 over the state of the AFC. Three contenders pissed away a chance to take charge against ho-ho-hum pretenders.
Yearning For The Days Of Roger Staubach In Big D
On this date in 1979, Roger Staubach played his final game with the Dallas Cowboys. In our definitive list of the top 10 quarterbacks of all time, we rated Staubach No. 7.
Russell Wilson Joins Dan Marino, Peyton Manning in Record Books
Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson threw a touchdown pass in the Seahawks’ 23-0 win at the New York Giants. Wilson, who now has 50 career touchdown passes, joined Pro Football Hall of Famer Dan Marino (68) and Peyton Manning (52) as the only quarterbacks in NFL history to pass for at least 50 touchdowns in their first two seasons.
St. Louis 27, New Orleans 16: Rams Compound Saints Road Problems
New Orleans is 3-4 on the road this year, after going 3-5 in 2012. That’s 6-9 over the last two seasons, with one road game remaining at Carolina in Week 16.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review