Articles tagged "Vick Ballard"
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News for AFC South
For the first time since 2008, the AFC South not only sent two teams to the playoffs but had more than one club win at least 10 games. Russell Baxter breaks down a division that changed before our very eyes in 2012.
Gutless NFL Coaches Fail Badly In Four-Minute Offense
NFL coaches fold badly in four-minute situations, say Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar. Given a chance to put teams away with one well-executed drive, they stubbornly refuse to pass the football, opening the door for a late rally by opponents.
Captain Comeback: Seattle’s Russell Wilson Last Rookie QB Standing
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar recaps an unusual Wild Card weekend that left Seattle’s Russell Wilson as the last standing rookie QB. But the biggest stories were more about who was unable to participate.
10 Biggest Plays of 2013 Wild-Card Weekend
Nate Winkler takes a look at the crucial plays from this weekend's first-round action that trimmed the Super Bowl contenders from twelve to eight.
2012 Rusher Rating: Adrian Peterson No. 1; Patriots Dominate Team Rankings
Pro Football Researchers Association executive director Ken Crippen looks back at the 2012 regular season Rusher Rating numbers: Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster and Alfred Morris topped the individual list; the New England Patriots dominated the team rankings.
Matter of Facts: Seahawks Have No. 1 Scoring Defense
From 32 teams to a dozen clubs looking for an NFL championship, CHFF's resident Statistician and Pro Football Guru Russell Baxter unleashes a factual assault befitting Wild Card Weekend.
NFL’s New Overtime System Requires New Strategies For Coaches And Teams
With 22 overtime games (3rd most ever) in 2012, Scott Kacsmar looks at the new system and finds the kickoff rule change is just as big of a factor. New rules will require new coaching strategies.
Captain Comeback Week 16: Steelers’ Meltdown Complete
Looking for a comeback win for Christmas? Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar only has seven tales of failure, including a fatal blow to the Steelers. Dallas comes up short, and Andrew Luck sets more records.
Captain Comeback Week 15: 49ers and Patriots Play NFL’s Game of the Year
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar breaks down the historical context of New England’s 28-point comeback attempt against the 49ers. Also: clutch Cowboys, Colts out of Luck, and Dom Capers is Jay Cutler’s daddy.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012