Articles tagged "Tom Brady"
David Garrard: The Best 4th-Round QB Since Rich Gannon
With David Garrard’s retirement from the Jets, Scott Kacsmar examines a career better than most people will remember. Garrard is the best fourth-round QB since Rich Gannon.
NFL Draft First-Round Riches: Rams, Jets, Vikings Multiple Picks
The Rams, Jets and Vikings all had multiple 1st-round picks in the 2013 draft. But striking it rich with two studs is unlikely says Scott Kacsmar, adding that the Vikings landed one first rounder with bust written all over him.
Terrific Tandem: Darrelle Revis, Rex Ryan Face Unknown Future
QB-coach tandems are easy to spot both on the field and in football lore. Other player-coach tandems are harder to identify – unless armed with our illuminating Quality Stats. Rex Ryan-Darrelle Revis were one of those terrific tandems that we may find need each other.
2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
The 2013 NFL schedule is here and Scott Kacsmar says it looks like the Year of the Denver Broncos, who enjoy high-profile games and an easy schedule. But strength of schedule before the season often looks much different at the end of the season.
Hub Rock: The 10 Best Songs About Boston
Boston is full of cultural peculiarities: it's expensive, cold, parochial to a fault and we talk funny. But all those quirks help make for great music. Here's a look at the 10 best songs about Boston
Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
The 2012 draft and the following season proved, yet again, that high-priced wide receivers are little more than Shiny Hood Ornaments, the most overvalued position in all of sports. We review an ugly, ugly year for teams that chased wide receivers in the draft.
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
Farewell, Tuck Rule; Hello, Charles Woodson’s Illegal Head Slap
The NFL finally cast off the quirky and controversial Tuck Rule, 11 years after it jobbed the Oakland Raiders in the 2001 playoffs and gave birth to the New England Patriots dynasty. But the overturned fumble was not the only blown call on that same play.
Slot Machines: Danny Amendola Is The Poor Man's Wes Welker
Danny Amendola does play a similar style of slot receiver to Wes Welker. He just doesn't play it as well, says Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar In fact, Amendola's career average of 8.81 yards per catch is the worst in NFL history.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012