Articles tagged "Terrell Owens"
The New York Giants, and the Great Crash of 2013
A look at the worst season-to-season offensive collapses of the last 25 years shows a lot of common threads: hurt QBs, age catching up, fluky years reversed. So what's the Giants' excuse?
Josh Gordon: More Mega Than MegaTron
Cleveland wide receiver JOSH GORDON had seven catches for 151 yards and a touchdown in the Browns’ 27-26 loss at New England. Gordon has 774 receiving yards in his past four games, the most in any four-game span in a single season in NFL history. The previous mark was 746 yards by Detroit’s CALVIN JOHNSON set earlier this season.
History Says Under .500 Teams Aren't Dead Yet
In every season since 1987, at least one team with a .500 or worse record through eight games has advanced to the postseason. Last year, three such teams – Cincinnati (3-5), Washington (3-5) and Seattle (4-4) – accomplished the feat.
Close Call: 69% Of All Games In 2013 Have Been Within 7 Points In The Fourth Quarter
Through the first nine weeks, 35 of 133 games (26.3 percent) have featured a fourth-quarter comeback victory. That puts the 2013 season on pace for the third-highest percentage of games with a fourth-quarter comeback victory since 1970 (31.3 in 1989).
Week 8 Highlights: Terrelle Pryor One Better Than Bo Jackson; Alex Smith Better Than Everyone
Kansas City’s Alex Smith became the first quarterback since the 1970 merger to win his first eight games to start a season with a new team.
Broncos Have Won 17 Straight Regular Season Games
The Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs both improved to 6-0 yesterday. Since 1990, when the 12-team playoff format was adopted, 27 of the 29 (93.1 percent) previous teams to start 6-0 made the playoffs.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review