Articles tagged "Team"
David Garrard: The Best 4th-Round QB Since Rich Gannon
With David Garrard’s retirement from the Jets, Scott Kacsmar examines a career better than most people will remember. Garrard is the best fourth-round QB since Rich Gannon.
NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
Teams have never passed the ball more often than they do in the modern NFL. But all those aerials have softened up defenses underneath for running backs to exploit. The 2011 and 2012 seasons were the most explosive for ball carriers in NFL history.
The New Orleans Saints, BountyGate And History’s First 7,000-Yard Defense
The New Orleans Saints defense was overrun last year like the Mexican-American border before harvest season. The pressure is on Drew Brees to continue his world-class play and on rookie first-round pick Kenny Vaccaro to make an immediate and much-needed impact in the secondary.
NFL Draft First-Round Riches: Rams, Jets, Vikings Multiple Picks
The Rams, Jets and Vikings all had multiple 1st-round picks in the 2013 draft. But striking it rich with two studs is unlikely says Scott Kacsmar, adding that the Vikings landed one first rounder with bust written all over him.
Final Round Of Stats, Facts And Data From The 2013 NFL Draft
A complete round of data from the 2013 draft, highlighting the best and worst of the NFL's annual public meat market. Let's just say Southern girls had plenty to cheer for this weekend.
End Of An Error: New York Jets Waive Tim Tebow
The New York Jets cut Tim Tebow Monday morning, ending one of worst periods of personnel and on-field management in NFL history. Let's put ti this way: the Jets didn't suck because they had to in 2012. They sucked because they chose to in 2012.
Geno Smith To The Jets: Big Mess In The Big Apple
The 2013 NFL draft was dominated by linemen in the first round and largely derided as boring by the pigskin pundit-ocracy. Then it exploded like the night sky on a 4th of July of football in Round 2 when the Jets had the 'nads to insert Geno Smith into their already dysfunctional offensive backfield.
2013 NFL Draft Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Bet
Are offensive tackles really “safe” picks in the first round of the NFL draft? Scott Kacsmar cracks open a cold case of the football facts to find out where the label came from and how legit it is.
Cattle Call: We Grade 32 Prime Cuts From Round 1 Of 2013 NFL Draft
Linemen dominated the first round of the 2013 draft. In fact, we haven't seen these many hogs snatched up in one place since the Quincy boys crashed Rick Morris's frat party at UMass back in 1991. We grade the
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012