Articles tagged "Tampa Bay Buccaneers"
Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Ronde Barber and the 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers rode arguably the greatest pass defense in NFL history to the franchise's only Super Bowl victory.
Ronde Barber Retires: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Great Deserves Hall Of Fame Honors
Ronde Barber deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame, says Scott Kacsmar, who examines the exclusive club of Canton cornerbacks, the value of sacks and the unwritten law of interceptions.
NFL Draft First-Round Riches: Rams, Jets, Vikings Multiple Picks
The Rams, Jets and Vikings all had multiple 1st-round picks in the 2013 draft. But striking it rich with two studs is unlikely says Scott Kacsmar, adding that the Vikings landed one first rounder with bust written all over him.
Terrific Tandem: Darrelle Revis, Rex Ryan Face Unknown Future
QB-coach tandems are easy to spot both on the field and in football lore. Other player-coach tandems are harder to identify – unless armed with our illuminating Quality Stats. Rex Ryan-Darrelle Revis were one of those terrific tandems that we may find need each other.
Bears, Steelers Lead List Of 100 Stingiest Defenses
Here’s a look at the 100 Stingiest Defenses in History, sorted by number of teams that made the Top 100. The Chicago Bears top the list with 10 members of the Top 100, while 10 current franchises have never fielded a Top 100 defense.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News for the NFC South
While the Falcons finished with the best record in the NFC for the second time in three years, their NFC South brethren were a closely-knit group.
NFL Blacksmithing: How Super Bowl Winners Craft Their Receiving Weapons
What kind of receiving corps wins a Super Bowl? Is it better to have veterans or a mix of young players? Homegrown talent or free agents? Scott Kacsmar examines all 47 Super Bowl champs and, among other things, finds that dominant WRs are often a deterrent to team success.
2012 Rusher Rating: Adrian Peterson No. 1; Patriots Dominate Team Rankings
Pro Football Researchers Association executive director Ken Crippen looks back at the 2012 regular season Rusher Rating numbers: Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster and Alfred Morris topped the individual list; the New England Patriots dominated the team rankings.
Seattle Seahawks Finish No. 1 In Quality Stats Power Rankings
The 2012 NFL regular season is over and the playoff-bound Seahawks have nabbed the top spot in our power rankings after dominating down the stretch.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012