Articles tagged "Super Bowl XLVI"
Super Bowl Hangover Pt. 2: From Bradying to Welker
Scott Kacsmar pinpoints the weakness that's always been in the game of short-passer extraordinaire Tom Brady, and why the failed connection with Wes Welker in Super Bowl XLVI shouldn't have been a surprise.
Americans downed 50 million cases of beer on Super Bowl Sunday
Americans downed 50 million cases of beer on Super Bowl Sunday.
New York Giants: Coughlin's statistical Wyld Stallyns
Tom Coughlin has twice now taking teams that were merely mediocre in the regular season, and then went bucking wild in the rodeo of postseason football, winning championship that history says were statistically impossible.
Captain Comeback: Super Finale for Eli, Giants
Scott Kacsmar rallies for the final 'Captain Comeback' of the 2011 season, attacking Super Bowl XLVI like Justin Tuck in the New England backfield, including: Eli’s record game-winning drive, Belichick’s defense, and Brady’s one-minute drill attempt.
Patriots suffer big-game offensive meltdown (again)
Many said it was statistically impossible for the Patriots to even reach the Super Bowl, let alone win it, and although New England fell short of their ultimate goal, it wasn't for the reasons that might have been put forth. Quite simply, it was the offense that let them down in the big moment.
Giants 21, Patriots 17: 10 things we learned
New York's thrilling 21-17 win over New England in Super Bowl XLVI provided plenty of life lessons for our little pigskin pupils, not the least of which is that Eli is elite Tom Coughlin can coach and, yes, history does repeat itself.
Captain Comeback: Super Bowl History
Scott Kacsmar writes the final chapter in the book of postseason comebacks and game-winning drives by reviewing 14 classic Super Bowls, the 8-year streak of close games, and previews/predicts Super Bowl XLVI’s winner and MVP.
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team