Articles tagged "Steve Smith"
NFL Blacksmithing: How Super Bowl Winners Craft Their Receiving Weapons
What kind of receiving corps wins a Super Bowl? Is it better to have veterans or a mix of young players? Homegrown talent or free agents? Scott Kacsmar examines all 47 Super Bowl champs and, among other things, finds that dominant WRs are often a deterrent to team success.
Captain Comeback Week 13: Colts, Steelers Rally to Build Familiar AFC Race
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar shares tweets, records and has a “Todd Bowles Movement” in this monster edition highlighted by the clutch wins for annual AFC powerhouses Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.
Captain Comeback Week 12: Ray Rice 4th and 29 Conversion Strikes A Norv
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar looks at clutch 4th-and-20 conversions since 2000, Houston's continuing overtime drama, Matt Ryan sets more records, and the Steelers play "Hot Potato in Cleveland."
Captain Comeback: Eli Manning Out-Clutches Tony Romo In Dallas
Scott Kacsmar has sobering news for Dallas fans: Eli Manning now boasts as many comebacks and game-winning drives in Cowboys Stadium as Tony Romo (three). Also: clutch wins again for Stafford, Luck; more close losses for Newton and Rivers. Who says clutch history doesn't repeat itself?
NFC North Week 8: Cliffhanger Sunday for Bears, Packers and Lions
The three teams won their games by a combined total of 14 points on Sunday as the Bears and Packers let their one win opponents stay competitive.
Captain Comeback Week 7: Old vs. New, Eli Manning Upstages RGIII
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar has another record for Eli Manning, a bad record for Cam Newton, the good/bad/ugly Patriots, and Bengals bomb at home versus Pittsburgh again.
NFC East: Giants Invade Carolina Thursday Night
CHFF's Justin Henry examines the slate of NFC East games in Week 3, including the 2-0 Eagles taking on the 2-0 Cards and a potentially big day for RG3.
Captain Comeback Week 2: No. 1 Quarterbacks to the Rescue
Week 2 only had six comeback opportunities, but Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar has the details on Eli Manning's big day, the "awful 2-0" Eagles, and the end of New England's clutch kicking streak.
NFC East Preview: The Champ and The Challengers
CHFF's Justin Henry previews the four teams from the NFC East, and how they're shaping up for the 2012 season. Will the Giants repeat as champs, and will the Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins exceed preseason expectations?
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012