Articles tagged "Shorter"
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
Slot Machines: Danny Amendola Is The Poor Man's Wes Welker
Danny Amendola does play a similar style of slot receiver to Wes Welker. He just doesn't play it as well, says Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar In fact, Amendola's career average of 8.81 yards per catch is the worst in NFL history.
Video Game Football: Passing, Rushing, Kicking Never Easier Than In Modern NFL
The NFL’s 2012 season was the most pass-happy in history, and also the most efficient yet. The modern NFL has been defined by skyrocketing efficiency not only for passers, but for rushers and kickers, too. Scott Kacsmar recaps all the record numbers.
The Best and Worst NFL Quarterbacks on Third Down in the Playoffs
Which quarterbacks excel on third down (the money down) in the NFL postseason? Scott Kacsmar examines, and finds an unlikely leader. It’s not Joe Flacco, but keep thinking that direction.
NFL’s New Overtime System Requires New Strategies For Coaches And Teams
With 22 overtime games (3rd most ever) in 2012, Scott Kacsmar looks at the new system and finds the kickoff rule change is just as big of a factor. New rules will require new coaching strategies.
49ers-Patriots Favored To Meet in Super Bowl XLVII; Peyton Manning the MVP Favorite
The Vegas oddsmakers have spoken and a 49ers-Patriots Super Bowl seems to be the most likely scenario for XLVII.
Captain Comeback Week 9: New York Giants Shell-Shocked by Pittsburgh Steelers
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar has a midseason review for all 32 offenses in the clutch. The Steelers shock the Giants, Andrew Luck's historic day, and milestones for Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan ring in the Week 9 edition.
Tom Brady Outplayed By Russell Wilson In Upset of Patriots
The Patriots lose a close one out west to the Seahawks. The Jets win a blowout against Indy while Buffalo and Miami each win by three in Week 6.
AFC West: Manning, Rivers meet Brady and Brees
Manning visits New England to renew rivalry with Brady while Rivers leads division-leading Chargers to N'awlins to take on a wounded Brees & Company.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012