Articles tagged "Sean Payton"
The New Orleans Saints, BountyGate And History’s First 7,000-Yard Defense
The New Orleans Saints defense was overrun last year like the Mexican-American border before harvest season. The pressure is on Drew Brees to continue his world-class play and on rookie first-round pick Kenny Vaccaro to make an immediate and much-needed impact in the secondary.
Naughty Nurse: New Orleans Saints hormonally imbalanced
CHFF's Russian mail-order Naughty Nurse checks the statistical vital signs of the New Orleans Saints and finds a hormonally imbalanced NFC juggernaut whose locker room transgressions may have cost them another division crown in 2012.
Lombardi to Sean Payton: stay at the foot of the cross
Vince Lombardi used Biblical imagery when advising disgraced superstar Paul Hornung how to handle his suspension. New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton, a symbol of the changing nature of the NFL, should heed the same advice.
Can Saints survive without Payton?
The New Orleans Saints were largely an embarrassment in their first 39 years as an NFL franchise. Sean Payton arrived in 2006, transforming the 'Aints into the Saints. Can the team survive a year without him?
Gridiron Godfather: Roger Goodell's wave of vengeance
The Godfather Michael Corleone whacked everyone from corrupt cops to Moe Green. The Gridiron Godfather has whacked everyone from corrupt players to Bill Belichick. The Godfathers worked in similarly ruthless ways.
Sean Payton sleeps with the fishes
Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell's latest orgy of violence punishes four individuals and comes after the Saints were busted for placing bounties on the heads of Brett Favre, Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers and Kurt Warner.
Merril Hoge, Terry Bradshaw and Pete Prisco: it's a Pundit Pro Bowl
Drew Brees and the Saints need more class according to several pundits. And Merril Hoge? He just needs to stay after class for acting up yet again. It's the latest edition of Pigskin Detention filled with a Pro Bowl roster of pundits.
Buccaneers team report: A stoic realization
The Buccaneers are in full regression as they drop a third straight game. The offense is getting slower, the defense is growing worse, and the coaching staff can't seem to stop the bleeding.
Buccaneers team report: Five Things We Learned
Their offensive struggles continue, and Tampa Bay drops two in a row for the first time in 2011. With Houston on the horizon and Green Bay around the corner, the Buccaneers will spend the rest of the season fighting for their postseason lives.
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012