Articles tagged "Scott Kacsmar"
Ronde Barber Retires: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Great Deserves Hall Of Fame Honors
Ronde Barber deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame, says Scott Kacsmar, who examines the exclusive club of Canton cornerbacks, the value of sacks and the unwritten law of interceptions.
2013 NFL Draft Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Bet
Are offensive tackles really “safe” picks in the first round of the NFL draft? Scott Kacsmar cracks open a cold case of the football facts to find out where the label came from and how legit it is.
2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
The 2013 NFL schedule is here and Scott Kacsmar says it looks like the Year of the Denver Broncos, who enjoy high-profile games and an easy schedule. But strength of schedule before the season often looks much different at the end of the season.
The Legend of Limas Sweed: The NFL Receiver Who Couldn't Catch
Draft-niks gushed over Texas Longhorns wide receiver Lima Sweed back in 2008. They overlooked one little problem: Sweed couldn't catch syphilis in a Thai whorehouse. Scott Kacsmar pens a cautionary tale.
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
Will the Crown Rule ruin the NFL? Scott Kacsmar looks at 556 runs by Adrian Peterson to see if the game’s rushing god will be reduced to a mere mortal in 2013. Results will surprise you.
Slot Machines: Danny Amendola Is The Poor Man's Wes Welker
Danny Amendola does play a similar style of slot receiver to Wes Welker. He just doesn't play it as well, says Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar In fact, Amendola's career average of 8.81 yards per catch is the worst in NFL history.
NFL's Rookie of the Year Finalists: 2012 Drive Stats
Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson earned all the votes for the NFL’s Rookie of the Year. Scott Kacsmar digs into the drive stats produced by these record-setting signal callers in 2012.
Captain's Challenge: Name The 5 Best Quarterbacks Of All Time
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar issues a challenge to NFL fans: name the stat that best reflects the top 5 quarterbacks in NFL history. The Captain says it's fourth-quarter comebacks, but wants your input.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012