Articles tagged "Santonio Holmes"
The Legend of Limas Sweed: The NFL Receiver Who Couldn't Catch
Draft-niks gushed over Texas Longhorns wide receiver Lima Sweed back in 2008. They overlooked one little problem: Sweed couldn't catch syphilis in a Thai whorehouse. Scott Kacsmar pens a cautionary tale.
NFL Blacksmithing: How Super Bowl Winners Craft Their Receiving Weapons
What kind of receiving corps wins a Super Bowl? Is it better to have veterans or a mix of young players? Homegrown talent or free agents? Scott Kacsmar examines all 47 Super Bowl champs and, among other things, finds that dominant WRs are often a deterrent to team success.
Back To Basics: New England Patriots Can Win, Even Thrive, Without Wes Welker
Wes Welker is destined for free agency and Patriots fans wonder if the team can live without the record-setting slot man. The reality is that the Patriots can not only live without Welker, they can thrive without Welker.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News for AFC East
With apologies to the Academy Awards, we're taking two-thirds of one of the most recognizable movie titles ever. Here's a look at the AFC East.
AFC East: Tim Tebow Sacked By His Fellow New York Jets
The New York Jets are the NFL's most consistent bunglers. They turned on themselves this week and back-up quarterback Tim Tebow is the first victim. Meanwhile, Tom Brady opens his classroom for Andrew Luck. Miami and Buffalo square off.
AFC East: Tom Brady And The Patriots Start Their Run For The Playoffs
Week 10 in the AFC East will see the Patriots blow past the Bills on the road to the playoffs. And the Jets will begin their plummet out west while the Dolphins try to get back on the saddle.
Captain Comeback Week 5: Colts Score Season’s Biggest Comeback
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar is ChuckStrong over the Colts' big win. Also: Keystone State comebacks, Brees' other milestone, Cam Newton's embarrassment, and advice for Chiefs fans.
AFC East: Tom Brady And Peyton Manning Go At It Again
Brady battles fellow Hall Of Famer Manning. Jets face the Texans with no Revis AND no Holmes. Buffalo has a hard rebound against the 49ers.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012